The Faithful Few...

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

As the sun sets on 2008, I wanted to take a moment and reflect on things a bit. Overall it has been a memorable year.

Mike left on his mission to Calgary, Alberta, Canada, leaving Liz and I alone for the first time in years. IT'S BEEN GREAT! We have quiet dinners alone, and have talked more than we have in years. I am not sure why people have trouble being "empty nesters", unless they just don't like their own company.

Erin went back to school, to chase that accounting degree that eluded her at USU. She got her first grades the other day -- a 3.92 GPA! I knew she had it in her! If I wore shirts with buttons, they'd be popping right now. Check out her blog "rinMo's ritmo".

Rob is in his final year of pharmacy school. He's been able to do some very interesting internships this year, including being involved with rewriting the Idaho state pharmacy statutes. That will look good on a resume. His blog is is "Rob's Blog" -- catchy title, eh?

I certainly can't leave out the latest addition to our family, Taylsie Espin Morris (thats Dennis' way of covering that she was actually named after ESPN, the sports channel). As Erin says, "What did we do for entertainment at family gatherings before she came along?" She is definitely the center of attention these days. There are pictures galore posted at "MORRIS FAMILY" blog.

I'm looking forward to the new year. I'm not going to ruin it by making any resolutions that I have no intention of keeping. In another 6-8 months I should be done with school, and back in the work force. It's been fun learning all of the things I didn't quite know about computers, and now I am an officially certified techy kind of guy. They even let me use the "official" logo, so I posted it at the bottom of my blog, for those of you that don't venture that far down the page. I will also be working on network and webmaster certifications in the coming months. Those are goals, not resolutions!

Here's wishing you all a very happy new year, and may it not be as financially bleak as we're all afraid it will be!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Randyman5775
Kaysville, Utah, United States
I feel about as old, dry and crunchy as this fall leaf. Maybe that's why I hate raking them so much -- it's like turning away those that are kindred spirits. That's probably as good of an excuse as any. No matter what the excuse is, it's just an excuse...
View my complete profile