The Faithful Few...

Monday, December 29, 2008

Escalators don't break, they just become stairs.

I can't believe what a political sounding mess this blog has become. I really had no intention of talking about politics this much. I must admit, that I'm interested in seeing how things play out with Barack Obama as President, but this blog was intended to be light-hearted and fun. I need to get back to my original plans before I bore everyone to tears.

The purpose of this blog is to celebrate the crazy things said by all of my favorite codgers and kermudgeons, of which I am quickly becoming one. I used to just be an old FART(that's a Father Against Radical Teenagers for those of you who don't know.), and older than dirt(my dad said that dirt is only 47 years old, so once you're 48 then you're older than dirt!), but now I'm heading downhill fast, and this blog is the only fun I have anymore, so I better take advantage of it.

When I was in my mid twenties, I managed a store for Edison Brothers Shoe Stores in Las Vegas, called The Wild Pair. It was a fun job, and I enjoyed it so much that I became a true workaholic. 60-70 hours almost every week. One of the interesting things about Las vegas in the early 1980's is that older people were getting into wanting to dress like young people. I had this one old guy that came in all the time that had to be in his eighties, and dressed like he was going to a disco all the time. Whenever young, hot looking babes would come in the store, he would act like he had alzheimers, and come on to them and flirt with them. The amusing part was that he would look at me and wink, so I knew it was just an act, but the girls thought he was just cute and harmless, and going senile. I decided that I wanted to be just like him when I got old. But in our age of political correctness, and just too dang many perverts in the world, an older guy can't even smile and say hello to a young woman walking by, let alone compliment her on how nice she looks, without her wondering what his motives are. It;s hard to be nice to each other, let alone having any harmless fun. Oh well, I'll just have to amuse myself. Like a broken escalator, I'm not useless, just not as mobile as everyone else would like me to be!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Randyman5775
Kaysville, Utah, United States
I feel about as old, dry and crunchy as this fall leaf. Maybe that's why I hate raking them so much -- it's like turning away those that are kindred spirits. That's probably as good of an excuse as any. No matter what the excuse is, it's just an excuse...
View my complete profile