The Faithful Few...

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Exploding Whale of 1970

This is hilarious. This is news video of a dead whale that washed up on a beach in Oregon in 1970. You'll see what they did to "dispose" of the problem, and the problems that the disposal caused. As the reporter said, "...the blast blasted blubber beyond all believable bounds." An excellent example of alliteration for all of you would be poets and English majors. I saw this one coming a mile away!





"What are you doing here?": man asks wife at brothel


Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:23am EST


WARSAW (Reuters) - A Polish man got the shock of his life when he visited a brothel and spotted his wife among the establishment's employees.

Polish tabloid Super Express said the woman had been making some extra money on the side while telling her husband she worked at a store in a nearby town.

"I was dumfounded. I thought I was dreaming," the husband told the newspaper on Wednesday.

The couple, married for 14 years, are now divorcing, the newspaper reported.

(Writing by Chris Borowski, Editing by Matthew Jones)


That's certainly not the best journalistic writing I've seen lately, but it is an interesting story. Is Hubby divorcing Wifey because he found out that she was working at the brothel, or is Wifey divorcing Hubby because she caught him visiting the brothel? Hmmm... or was it that they didn't trust each other any more?

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Randyman5775
Kaysville, Utah, United States
I feel about as old, dry and crunchy as this fall leaf. Maybe that's why I hate raking them so much -- it's like turning away those that are kindred spirits. That's probably as good of an excuse as any. No matter what the excuse is, it's just an excuse...
View my complete profile