The Faithful Few...

Saturday, November 15, 2008

How "gay" are they?

It seems that gays aren't gay anymore. But then, were they ever really gay?

As with many words in our American lexicon, they aren't quite what they seem. Back in the day, GAY was a synonym to HAPPY. It was also a woman's name. My sister-in-law's middle name is Gay. I wonder how happy she is that gays have named themselves after her? I think she should start advertising that she is gay; but then she'd offend all those guys that have co-opted her name. Maybe they did that because they wanted to be as cute as she is; they wanted to be Gay, too.

It seems that the gays are very unhappy with the passage of Prop 8 in California. I would suggest that if you're unhappy, then you can no longer describe yourself as "gay". Hey, since you guys aren't "gay" anymore, then do you mind if those of us that are happily involved with the opposite sex take our word back? Gee, thanks!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Randyman5775
Kaysville, Utah, United States
I feel about as old, dry and crunchy as this fall leaf. Maybe that's why I hate raking them so much -- it's like turning away those that are kindred spirits. That's probably as good of an excuse as any. No matter what the excuse is, it's just an excuse...
View my complete profile